[vlc-devel] ffmpeg-mt

Mathieu Velten matmaul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:08:48 CET 2010

I am trying to use ffmpeg-mt with vlc, so I compiled ffmpeg-mt and
added an option in the vlc ffmpeg module to set the number of threads.
It works great for the decoding part, both of my core are used.

but I have frame ordering problem : ffmpeg-mt needs to delay the frame
display of (nb of threads - 1) frames.
currently the frames are sent to the vout as soon as they came back
from ffmpeg and vout doesn't seem to have a frames buffer to reorder
using the pts for example.

so my question is does vout can support a buffer of X frames or should
I (try to) implement the buffer in the decoder ? any hint to which vlc
data structure I should use for the buffer implementation (I am new in
the vlc code world ^^).

Thanks,

Mathieu Velten