[vlc-devel] ffmpeg-mt

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Jan 23 16:10:43 CET 2010

	Hello,

Le mardi 19 janvier 2010 02:08:48 Mathieu Velten, vous avez écrit :
> but I have frame ordering problem : ffmpeg-mt needs to delay the frame
> display of (nb of threads - 1) frames.
> currently the frames are sent to the vout as soon as they came back
> from ffmpeg and vout doesn't seem to have a frames buffer to reorder
> using the pts for example.
>
> so my question is does vout can support a buffer of X frames or should
> I (try to) implement the buffer in the decoder ? any hint to which vlc
> data structure I should use for the buffer implementation (I am new in
> the vlc code world ^^).

The decoder is responsible for setting the correct date in the picture_t.

I am not sure if it has to return pictures in chronological order or not. But
either way, you can request more than one picture buffer at a time.

However, the number of picture buffers is limited by the underlying video
output, at least if direct rendering is used.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis