[vlc-devel] icon view

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jan 27 14:49:36 CET 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 02:45:12PM +0100, Jakob Leben wrote :
> Since we are gonna have that CoverFlow view, I was thinking, wouldn't it be
> better to make icon view in list mode, so we just have a vertical list of
> long horizontal lines? Then it gets more similar to the tree view, but
> still, IMO it suites better the idea of fitting main media information next
> to cover art - more of information can be visible, but still arranged and
> fonted how we like in the delegate.

Well, first, I believe CoverFlow won't make it to 1.1, since pictureflow
is difficult to map to a QAbstractItemView.

Then, I believe iconView should stays like that since it looks like
Explorer/Dolphin/Nautilus/GThumb default thumbnail view.

However, I believe you are right, a list mode could be fun, especially
to group tracks in album, like itunes9, Zune Player or else, but I
believe that this would be a new view.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf