[vlc-devel] DLNA Server Module Placement

Austin Burrow atburrow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:05:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have been working on the DLNA UPnP Server module, but I have run into some
issues on where exactly I should place it. I currently have it in
stream_out, but the module does more than stream. The module will broadcast
itself periodically over the network, so DLNA clients will be able to see
the server. The DLNA server module will also serve the available playlist to
the DLNA client over the network using a DLNA UPnP protocol (not HTTP). Once
the playlist is served, the client may request items to be streamed, which
is where stream_out comes in. So my question to the community is this:
Should I split this up into multiple modules? If so, where shall I place
them?

Regards,

Austin Burrow