[vlc-devel] Kubuntu... *K*one ?

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Wed Jul 21 18:39:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 14:42:54 (CEST), Christophe Mutricy wrote:

> Hello,
>> Can somebody with knowledge of the issues mentioned in the thread
>> please chime in?
>
> The only issue pointed is the number of deepedencies. I don't see how
> we can help with that. It's moree a matter for the Ubuntu packagers
> and release team to move the package to main rather than universe.

Well, having vlc as default player for kubuntu would:

 - expose it to all kubuntu users by default
 - more eyeballs from kubuntu devs to integrate vlc more tightly into kde
 - buy vlc 'official' security support by paid canonical staff

for obvious reasons, I don't expect this decision to be taken lightly.
But all in all, I imagine a positive decision to be beneficial for vlc.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4