[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Remove Wrong BDA shortcuts (Manol Manolov )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jul 22 17:43:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 05:42:34PM +0200, Laurent Aimar wrote :
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 05:30:58PM +0200, git at videolan.org wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Manol Manolov <man40dev at gmail.com> | Wed Jul 21 14:40:49 2010 -0400| [539dfc8477945811d07f59f2252d6454acaddeab] | committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> >
> > Remove Wrong BDA shortcuts
>  Then I think the same shorcuts should also be removed from the linux dvb
> access, otherwise it becomes inconsistant.

Well, I am just wondering who uses:
"qpsk", "satellite", "qam", "cable", "ofdm", "terrestrial",  "usdigital"?

- "satellite", "terrestrial" seems very long to me to be used in a MRL
- "qam" is also used on air, like "cqam"
- "ofdm" is a method, not really a MRL selection scheme
- "atsc" is used outside the US, and "usdigital" is then weird

maybe "cable" could be kept.

Opinions?

Best Regards,

--