[vlc-devel] vlc does not work on my machine correctly

Ralf Moeller ralf.moeller at nord-com.net
Sun Jul 25 10:32:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using debian (lenny) and installed the vlc player, but it does not
work correctly. would any1 help me to get it working ?

when I start the player, I get this message :

agentc at devkit:~$ vlc
vlc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libavcodec.so.51: undefined
symbol: lzo1x_decode

so I changed the symbolic link in libavcodec.so.51to libavcodec.so.52
which I got
from a friend which also uses debian... then the player starts up, but
it only plays
normal mpegs, so : no divx no flv no avi no dvd ... :-(( in case that it
do not find
the codecs for them.

also the player has problems on initializing the sound interface,
sometimes it works
in ALSA mode, sometimes not...

what did I wrong ? is there a libpackage wrong or missing ?

would anyone introduce me how to get it startet ?

thank you,
ralf moeller