[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Qt: save volume on exit ( Francois Cartegnie )

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Thu Jul 29 21:49:25 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> THE CONFIGURATION MUST NOT BE SAVED UNLESS THE USER ASKS.
> Full point.

So do you expect the user to save volume by himself when the "save volume on
exit" option is checked ?

Until now, Qt has 2 audio prefs:
- Uses a default volume on start (from qt)
- Save volume on exit (current core volume)

> And really, I do not see why Qt4 needs its own volume setting.

It does not.
-volume is from core
-qt-startvolume is on qt side. "default volume"
-qt-autosave-volume is on qt side. Defines is we need to replace current
volume with qt-startvolume value.

One bug were caused by the qt-startvolume directly linked to the 'live'/core
volume. Each time the user returned to the prefs, the value was reset to the
live volume. Then prefs saving without manually restoring it was leading to a
loss of/wrong value.

Francois