[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: access_http: use only the provided user agent. ( Rémi Duraffort )

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at videolan.org
Fri Jul 30 10:32:27 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010 à 10:26:26, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010 14:08:14 Rémi Duraffort, vous avez écrit :
> > That's the default user agent (name/version), but if people uses the option
> > to change the user agent I think they expect to control it complitely and
> > not only one part of it.
>
> Firstl, I am far from convinced that this option is useful in the preferences.
I do agree with you on this.

> I don't expect the user to set it up itself, only SD, playlists or such.
In this case setting the user-agent to exactly what the SD script asks
seams logical to me.

> Second, I still fail to see the harm in adding LibVLC at the end. I do see the
> harm in _not_ adding it.
I don't know if it harms or not but I see this as some kind of a bug. If
we provide an option to override the user agent, it might override it.
Maybe the name of the option/variable or the help text is not suitable ?

best regards

--
Rémi Duraffort | ivoire