[vlc-devel] About #3353

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jun 3 20:03:27 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 3 juin 2010 20:48:18 Jean-Philippe André, vous avez écrit :
> As we do ship both versions in the same folder, there is an urgent
> need to fix this - one way or the other.

As far as I know, we do not ship the .lua files.

> I am not happy with either these solutions. I don't see the point in
> having both versions of the scripts in the same folder. Indeed,
> playlist, meta, extensions, ... will also be listed twice.

That's why we don't install both (or then there is a bug in the installation
procedure).

> This means
> two extensions for the price of one, and twice more tests for playlist
> scripts.
> We could either not ship the sources .lua (but that would be a shame),
> or ship them in some other folder, maybe.

I don't see the shame. We don't ship the C and C++ source code either in the
binary packages either. We already have the source tarballs and git
repositories for that purpose.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis