[vlc-devel] Not able to build current git on Mac OS X 10.6

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 7 22:35:56 CEST 2010

Le lundi 7 juin 2010 23:10:17 Andrea Guzzo, vous avez écrit :
> I've been trying to build current trunk on my 10.6 as well ... and I had
> exactly the same problem. I gave a look at the code and, as far as I see
> ,the problem is that  most of 'struct vout_thread_t' has been made
> private. The actual data has been hidden inside 'vout_thread_sys_t' ...
> defined in vout_internal.h and visible only to libvlc itself (not to
> plugins).

No. The problem is that vout_thread is now an internal structure altogether.
As of last September, video output plugins use a complete completely new
(needless to say, much better) plugin interface, vout_display.

In other words, a new video output needs to be written (mostly) from scratch.
Pretty much everything except MacOS has already been ported or removed.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis