[vlc-devel] Not able to build current git on Mac OS X 10.6

Andrea Guzzo xant at xant.net
Mon Jun 7 22:10:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to build current trunk on my 10.6 as well ... and I had exactly the same problem.
I gave a look at the code and, as far as I see ,the problem is that  most of 'struct vout_thread_t' has been made private.
The actual data has been hidden inside 'vout_thread_sys_t' ... defined in vout_internal.h and
visible only to libvlc itself (not to plugins).
As far as I see, the osx view implementation used the  'render' member of that structure to sort out the size of the underlying vout
(to than resize the window accordingly).
I've tried looking around in the headers but I haven't understood (yet) what is the proper way to access the 'video_format_t' used by a  vout size
from outside the vout implementation itself.

any clue?

Cheers,
Andrea.