[vlc-devel] Question about input_item_node_* functions

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:31:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Austin Burrow <atburrow at gmail.com> wrote:

> The downside about using
> services_discovery_AddItem/services_discovery_RemoveItem is that the whole
> tree must be rebuilt causing it to flash when it is being rebuilt.

... A complete fix for this would be to have access to each node being
> displayed and having the option to remove it from the list, but as you said,
> input_item_node_* does not offer that capability, and
> services_discovery_RemoveItem will remove the whole list.

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by "remove the whole list". The
services_discovery_RemoveItem() should remove only the item given as
argument plus all the item's children.
If the whole tree of items currently presented is refreshed after adding and
removing an item is very much GUI-dependent. In Qt GUI interface of VLC 1.1
and above the refreshing does not take place and any open node in a tree
view stays open when an item is add or removed. I don't know about the Mac
interface or other LibVLC clients.

If I understand right, you are trying to fix something that appears as a bug
in the upnp_intel VLC plugin? Could you please describe the issue better or
post a bug report?

Best regards,

J.L.