[vlc-devel] [Patch 1/1] Fixed the directory duplication bug in UPnP SD Client and cleaned code.

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:59:06 CEST 2010

Hi, Austin,

Please keep formatting and cosmetic changes apart from those which introduce
new code behavior - in different patches - so it is easier to evaluate it.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Austin Burrow <atburrow at gmail.com> wrote:

> +    if ( _p_contents )
> +    {
> +       delete _p_contents;
> +       services_discovery_RemoveItem( _p_sd, _p_input_item );
> +       services_discovery_AddItem( _p_sd, _p_input_item, NULL );
> +    }

If I get it right, you are rebuilding the whole item tree from top, right?
Since created input items seem to be stored in the plugin (
p_container->setInputItem( p_input_item ) ), it seems to me that it allows
for a better approach which would compare new and old items and only
add/remove changes, even if the upnp server posts the whole list every time.