[vlc-devel] Introduction VLC Player For Symbian

Pankaj yadav pankajdnapster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 17:13:16 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am Pankaj Yadav, a Senior Undergraduate at Department of Mining
Engineering ,BHU.

My Project is to Port VLC Player to Symbian Operating System which is
a popular Open Source Platform
<Really don't know what category of Open Source it is> for Mobile Devices.
Recently I have finished Porting Core ,which involved writing a
Cancellable Threading System, implementing
 wrapper function for Cancellation points and incorporating them in
VLC code,An audio output module for Symbian
using Native Symbian APIs in Symbian C++,porting some LIBC routines
namely Binary Tree search, writing a
Symbian Project, deciding appropriate compiler Directives.

I have been working on this project for more than an Year.In the past
I have ported 0.7*  , 0.8* and 0.9.9a successfully.

As Mobile Ui is a parallel GSoC project so my task reduces to command
line operations only.

Next Step will be to introduce modules necessary for MP3 playback.Then
I will move on for some video playback.

--
Pankaj Yadav

Open Source Enthusiast