[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0 series End of Life

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:58:27 CEST 2010

On 18/06/2010 5:08 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 05:01:24PM +1000, xxcv wrote :
>> I'd like to add I hate the QT interface of 1.1.
>
>> Reasons been.
>> 1. Too many hacking.
> Reasons? facts?
>
>> 2. Too messy coding.
> Reasons? facts?
>
>> 3. Too much confusions.
> Reasons? facts?
>
>> 4. Too little development (except the playlist).
> man git log...
>
>> JB, what have you been doing all this time QT needs you! Aren't you a
>> bit of a slacker. (just joking...) Qt module is just about
>> fine/ok/good/normal/pass (at least it is free).
>
> Well, as you might have seen, I have spent a lot of time doing win32
> fixes, VideoLAN administration and bugtracking/squashing...
>
> The Qt interface has evolved quite a bit and the code is quite clean
> (except the hatred qt4.cpp)
> The main_interface layout and code is complex but clean and many
> evolution have crept in.
>
> I wanted to finish the evolutions, but unfortunately, no time to.
My friend!
Do you know what I did here? I keep reverting commits well at least I
think that commit is gonna break my code.
That is to say break seem bad to me so I keep revert commits after
commits after then I really feeling sick.
Of course after I revert the ones that I don't like oh, you guys have
made too many changes and now it breaks even more then (the revert Ok
scenario.)
Anyway I was only talking about say (lots of months ago)

Yeah, I know you did hard work on these features for the graphical
interface. Thanks to you and lots of other developers of Qt.
All I'm to say is that I haven't been expecting this good or at least I
was expecting better.

Anyways I was only ranting on about something which wrong is right and
right is wrong, I like the way you act in my comments which "facts" are
good!

Yeah I know, at least VLC is seems heaps a lot better then other
software. Actually.

Best Regards,
xxcv (the mentally disconnected retard)