[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0 series End of Life

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jun 18 09:08:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 05:01:24PM +1000, xxcv wrote :
> I'd like to add I hate the QT interface of 1.1.

> Reasons been.
> 1. Too many hacking.
Reasons? facts?

> 2. Too messy coding.
Reasons? facts?

> 3. Too much confusions.
Reasons? facts?

> 4. Too little development (except the playlist).
man git log...

> JB, what have you been doing all this time QT needs you! Aren't you a
> bit of a slacker. (just joking...) Qt module is just about
> fine/ok/good/normal/pass (at least it is free).

Well, as you might have seen, I have spent a lot of time doing win32
fixes, VideoLAN administration and bugtracking/squashing...

The Qt interface has evolved quite a bit and the code is quite clean
(except the hatred qt4.cpp)
The main_interface layout and code is complex but clean and many
evolution have crept in.

I wanted to finish the evolutions, but unfortunately, no time to.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/