[vlc-devel] GSoC

Pankaj yadav pankajdnapster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 14:50:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

This week VLC started running on actual phone.There were some
deadlocks which i managed to trap, some bugs in oldrc interface which
are now rectified.

Current status of VLC on Symbian is :
It is able to run Mp3 files on phone.It maintains its playlists and as
far as audio playback is considered ,its features are comparable to
main vlc..threads stopping and cleanup is achieved perfectly.
As it was expected..High Bitrate files produce stuttering sound..I
think it is a decoding latency problem so i leave it for the final
tweaking.
We can say , VLC core is ready for Symbian OS with decent processor.

Currently all modules are BUILTIN.In the upcoming weeks I am going to
work on Dynamic Plugin Loading.Symbian has got a unique style of DLL

As soon as this is done ......Having complete VLC on phone is just a
matter of CONTRIBS and Tweaking.

--
Pankaj Yadav

Open Source Enthusiast