[vlc-devel] [VLC] #3800: Subtitle character encoding autodetection returns wrong value under Win32

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jun 25 17:41:37 CEST 2010

-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

> Comment(by jb):
>
>  Come on, EVERYwhere people complain about subtitles autodetection.

I wrote the subtitle auto-detection (in 0.8.something). I think I know
better than you or forum whiners how it works. Not to mention that we
discussed it on translators@ not so long ago.

But since you think you're the smartest guy here, check for yourself. Set
your VLC to Romanian language (LC_MESSAGES=ro_RO.UTF-8), open a Romanian
subtitles file encoded in CP-1250 and see that it works fine. By the way,
the language-based logic is the same as in earlier version. I know that
because I wrote both the old (<= 1.0) and the new (>= 1.1) one.

I can't say I'm happy with your attitude.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis