[vlc-devel] [VLC] #3800: Subtitle character encoding autodetection returns wrong value under Win32

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jun 25 17:43:31 CEST 2010

-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

>> Comment(by jb):
>>
>>  Come on, EVERYwhere people complain about subtitles autodetection.
>
> I wrote the subtitle auto-detection (in 0.8.something). I think I know
> better than you or forum whiners how it works. Not to mention that we
> discussed it on translators@ not so long ago.
>
> But since you think you're the smartest guy here, check for yourself. Set
> your VLC to Romanian language (LC_MESSAGES=ro_RO.UTF-8),

I don't need to mention that you need the Romanian localization installed,
so that VLC actually shows in Romanian. I am sure you will manage since you
seem to think you are so much smarter than I am( and Romanian is a romance
language anyway).

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis