[vlc-devel] [VLC] #3800: Subtitle character encoding autodetection returns wrong value under Win32
jb at videolan.org
Fri Jun 25 18:00:00 CEST 2010
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 05:41:37PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> I wrote the subtitle auto-detection (in 0.8.something). I think I know
> better than you or forum whiners how it works. Not to mention that we
> discussed it on translators@ not so long ago.
Oh, yes you do. Still so many people complain that something must be
wrong and it might be just the same issue as the wrong language
translation on some Win32 machine.
> But since you think you're the smartest guy here, check for yourself. Set
> your VLC to Romanian language (LC_MESSAGES=ro_RO.UTF-8), open a Romanian
> subtitles file encoded in CP-1250 and see that it works fine. By the way,
> the language-based logic is the same as in earlier version. I know that
> because I wrote both the old (<= 1.0) and the new (>= 1.1) one.
Yes, on linux... The windows is still broken for whatever reason, and it
might be something else than just the subtitles.
> I can't say I'm happy with your attitude.
More information about the vlc-devel