[vlc-devel] Dynamic range compressor patch
logiconcepts819 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:57:13 CEST 2010
I apologize for the multiple posts. I have had issues posting my message to
the mailing list, and I kept posting variations of the message until it
appeared in the mailing list archive, because I assumed that every message
showed up immediately. I thought all of my original messages were being
blocked for some strange reason, but I was mistaken. Instead, they were
undergoing a delay before appearing in the archive. For instance, a message
that appeared in the archive a few moments ago from this time was one of the
original messages I had sent 17 hours before that. Again, my apologies.
(By the way, I am rather new to posting to mailing lists.)
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Ron Wright <logiconcepts819 at gmail.com>wrote:
> I have made many drastic changes in the compressor.c file and some minor
> changes in the UI code. Here are some of the changes:
> 1. Made the filter structure, RMS envelope structure, and attack lookup
> table contiguous in memory so that only one memory allocation and one memory
> deallocation is needed.
> 2. Reorganized the functions so that they don't appear out of place.
> 3. Removed two wasteful members (amplitude and gain reduction) from the
> filter structure (this is probably used to implement output meters in
> certain LADSPA frontends).
> 4. The release of the mutex lock in the DoWork function now occurs
> immediately after retrieving the shared values.
> 5. Replaced the logic in the callback functions with clipping functions.
> 6. Removed useless casts.
> 7. Changed default values.
> Attached are the updated compressor core and UI patches.
> Ronald Wright
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vlc-devel