[vlc-devel] [Translators] VLC 1.1.0

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jun 30 02:47:50 CEST 2010

----- Message d'origine -----
> On Sat, Jun 26, 10 at 02:04 +0200, Gabor Kelemen wrote:
> > I have updated the Hungarian translation, please commit it for 1.1.1:

There is one new string in 1.1.1 by the way, and it was not added. Also, I had to add the "translation" for "CP1252" even though I know nothing about Hungarian. I am quite sure I mentioned it on the translator mailing list earlier... Please check those two.

> > Also, I noticed that the new IMDB and allocine extensions are not
> > translatable at all (and that the allocine extension speaks french) -
> > can these be made translatable?

I do not feel that extensions should be part of the "vlc" translation domain in any case. Otherwise they should not be extensions in the first place, should they? And where would we draw the line anyway?? IMHO, vlc.pot is way too big already with all those useless settings long descriptions that nobody ever reads.

--
Rémi