[vlc-devel] libvlccore, name-clashes and problems with getopt

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Mar 3 22:37:56 CET 2010

Le dimanche 28 février 2010 00:34:50 Mathieu SCHROETER, vous avez écrit :
> To prepend (for example "vlc_") to every non-static function of
> libvlccore it is not an acceptable solution (for 1.2 of course)?

506 (of 646) functions in libvlccore do not have the VLC or vlc prefix today.
Somehow, I have doubt anyone will ever bother to "fix" all of them. Doing it
automatically would destroy code indentation all over the place.

Someone will have to figure a more innovative less disruptive solution.

> An other way is to reimplement without getopt.. at least, the parser
> itself can be copied from the sources of getopt.
> It looks perfectly doable but I understand if it is not a priority.
> getopt is mostly (only?) used in src/config/cmdline.c, I'm right?

That's fixed.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis