[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.0-git MacOS interface

Ron Frederick ronf at timeheart.net
Sun Mar 7 01:00:09 CET 2010

On 3/6/10 3:40 PM, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Please resend your patches... Video works fine here, but I'll double
> check.

Thanks for the quick response, Pierre. My patch is attached below.
Whenever VLC enters or leaves full-screen mode, it currently causes all
of the displays on the system (not just the one entering full screen) to
fade down to black momentarily, even when the preference setting to
black out the other displays is disabled. My patch checks whether this
setting is enabled or not before doing the fade, leaving all of the
other displays unaffected when playback begins.

In the process of testing this on VLC 1.0.5, I also noticed a bug in the
original code, but I don't have a fix for it yet. This happens
independent of my patch -- I don't know if it is still applicable to the
1.1.0 tree, though. If you stop & start playback quickly before VLC has
finished cleaning up the full screen window from the previous playback,
it doesn't always redisplay it properly when starting the new playback.
No video appears, but the audio starts fine. Stopping playback and
waiting a few seconds for the cleanup to happen before playing again
fixes the problem.

--
Ron Frederick
ronf at timeheart.net