[vlc-devel] Can't compile 1.0.5

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:11:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to recompile and build VLC 1.0.5 but I am running into
problems. The problems I am facing now is undefined
'__Unwind_SjLj_Unregister' while building liblive555_plugin.dll.a. I
assume this may be due to using a wrong gcc version. But I am not
knowledgeable enough to tell. If someone could point me in the right
direction I would appreciate. Here is what I have done so far
following the instructions from the wiki:

- Installed MinGW and Msys, but did it manually so that I could
install gcc 4.4.0 from the MinGW web site. Could not find tne requires
4.4.2 from de January notes of the wiki.
- Installed all the other tools specified in the wiki
- Bootstrapped successfully
- Configured successfully but added --disable-fluidsynth because the
first compile gave errors on it.
- Compiled and got a list of undefined on live555

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jacques Boileau