[vlc-devel] First draft for a Daisy (2.02) playlist support in VLC

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Mar 18 15:44:06 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 02:30:34PM +0100, Mathieu SCHROETER wrote :
> Mmmh thanks.. maybe I would change the name "chapter" for something else.
> Daisy provides 6 levels where 5 levels are optional. For now I use only
> the first level. But the playlist of VLC seems able to work with sub-levels.
> Then the playlist seems to be the best way.
Ok, then I don't get it.

If you want to have simple buttons for chapter inside a track, like for
.mka or .mp4, then chapters are the way to go. Note that you can use
title and chapters like for DVDs
If you want a complete tree, then use subitems.

You can also use both.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf