[vlc-devel] Issues in replaying MediaFile using libVLC

Manik Gupta guptmanik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:05:41 CET 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to write a Player application using libVLC.  Player should have
the ability to play same file again and again.. But I am encountering
following issues in it.

When I get libvlc_MediaPlayerEndReached event with first play, I spawn
another thread and in that thread I initialize mediaplayer instance again.
MediaPlayer is created successfully  but doesn't respond to Play/PAUSE APIs.
Is it because I am using the same window handle as used for the first play?

Do I need to create a new window handle for second play? Or Is it that I am
not doing initialization properly.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
MG