[vlc-devel] HELP, Activex Deinterlace Please

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Fri Mar 19 19:51:54 CET 2010

Hi

I just cannot get linear deinterlace on embedded Activex
(vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe) HAPPY TO USE NIGHTLY

I can do it on the older versions (pre v1) without issue

But, with the current version, I can't get deinterlace on at all with
embedded Activex. (JS call or VB.net control) I can on the command line
though.

Activex (in Internet explorer - Windows) . (Bearing in mind that VLC is
a locally loaded app with the plugin present & registered)

<OBJECT classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"
    width="1022"
 height="575"
 id="vlc" events="True">
 </OBJECT>

<script type="text/javascript">
var vlc = document.getElementById('vlc');
tvchannelfrequency = "722167";
tvchannelprogram = "program=4415";
var Myoptions = new
Array("dvb-bandwidth=8",tvchannelprogram,"vout-filter=deinterlace","dein
terlace-mode=linear","audio");
var targetURL ="dvb-t://frequency="+tvchannelfrequency+"000";
vlc.playlist.add(targetURL,"MyName",Myoptions);
vlc.playlist.play()
</script>

Will correctly play the DVB-T channel, but with NO deinterlace.

Tried all I can think of, still no deinterlace.
eg
vlc.video.deinterlaceenable("linear"), and alike just return "object
doesn't support this property or method", all attempts at the options
stage (which worked in V1), have no effect.
I have read all I can on web for months & months now (inc trying to
decypher dev nightly posts). My head is schredded...ARRRGH...

However, At the command line with the newer versions.

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv dvb-t://frequency=722166000
:dvb-bandwidth=8 :program=4415 --vout-filter=deinterlace
--deinterlace-mode=linear
works fine
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv dvb-t://frequency=722166000
:dvb-bandwidth=8 :program=4415 --video-filter=deinterlace
--deinterlace-mode=linear
Doesn't work properly. Brings up "Blend", won't set mode to linear.

But I just cannot get it activated in the activex

This is for an App my end, Help PLEASE
I need deinterlace on the embeded Activex. The older versions work, but
give me intermittent "Leaking Pictures" issues.

TheGman