[vlc-devel] georgian translation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Sun Mar 21 23:34:32 CET 2010

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 17:55 +0400, Beqa Arabuli wrote:
> i want to translate your media player in georgina. there already is
> georgian translation but it is very ugly and it is not finished. i
> tried to edit .mo file with poedit but i can't.
>
> what to do to translate in georgian?

You can download ka.po from
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc/vlc-1.0.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/ka.po

If you're taking over the translation it would be good to send a short
e-mail to the previous translator (address in the .po)

You can use poEdit or KBabel to translate. Make sure that you use
UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe