[vlc-devel] sdp file handling in vlc

Harish Nallapti chinnaedu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:44:12 CET 2010

Hi,
I have been thriving to know this for a long time....

My problem is i have generated an sdp file using vlc player using the
command

"vlc -vvv -I rc "file:///D:\main\personal\movies\Paying Guests\Paying
Guests.avi"

--sout="#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=2,idrint=2},vcodec=h264,vb=300,width=320,height=240,

acodec=mp4a,ab=32,channels=2,samplerate=22050}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=8000,

sdp=file://C:\Program Files\Darwin Streaming Server\Movies\my.sdp}" from
command prompt

Now this generated me an sdp file applying all the encoding on the input
file from the input path..

Now when i opened up another player(vlC) and played the sdp as any other
normal mp3,etc.. it played(it should since it acts

a streaming server too, as Darwin also does the same,which live555 is not
supporting..... )

but what i want to do now is ,use the functionality of vlc and play the sdp
as vlc does(I have the open source code of vlc not yet compiled,since i
heard it cant be compiled on VS2008)....

For this where can i get assistance... i want to know which mocule in Vlc
handles this...

Someone from the VLC code experts and users please do guide me.... eagerly
waiting...

Any help is highly appreciated

Thank you

regards,