[vlc-devel] Live HTTP Streaming (iPhone) for VLC

David Glaude david.glaude at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:46:07 CET 2010

This is a very interesting addition to VLC. (maybe uncompatible with the
code freeze)

I believe that most piece of software that produce iPhone ready do
download/segment stream do push with FTP files on the HTTP server.
That permit a clear separation between the transcoder/segmenter and the
delivery platform (that could be a simple apache or a CDN infrastructure).

David Glaude

PS: VLC can be a iPhone streamer (or segmenter) but it is not capable of
reading an iPhone stream (it is just a play list... and you only need to
smoothly go from one file to another).