[vlc-devel] matroska demuxer

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Mar 28 11:43:05 CEST 2010

Hello Amitav,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 01:40:20AM +0530, Amitav Mohanty wrote :
> I am interested in understanding the parts of the current demuxer that
> might be causing trouble. Also, I would like to know whether a demuxer
> from scratch is preferrable or editting the existing one to suit our
> needs is. I think if I can get in touch with my mentor, I can understand
> the project much better.
Anything that fits.
The current demuxer:
  - doesn't seek correctly to I-frames
  - is broken with modern linked-chapter-files from anime fansubbers
  - doesn't support correctly all the RealAudio codecs (should be
    trivial to fix once you have a sample.)

The current lavf demuxer lacks:
  - chapters (maybe just our wrapper to lavf)
  - menus
  - linked-files
  - many codecs
  - mka support

I believe that rewriting one from scratch is stupid, but reusing another
one might make sense.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf