[vlc-devel] Qt & libvlc: Merge autoscale as zoom state ?

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Sun Mar 28 21:05:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

I noticed some inconsistency in zoom menu entries.
* autoscale mode overrides any zoom value. You can have a fullscreen
autoscaled window and a quarter zoom size menu entry. It won't result in an
expanded quarter size video.
* The opposite, freely resizing/scaling video by resizing video also leads to
an inconsistent menu state. You can have a 2px square video size, and a
checked double zoom menu entry.

As I don't think it makes sense resampling a quarter size ou double size video
to window's size, I think the zoom & autoscale states needs to be merged.
Autoscale being the "free scale" zoom value.

[ Quarter, Half, Original, Double, Autoscale/Freescale ]

What could be the impact of modifying it at libvlc's layer ?

Francois