[vlc-devel] Qt & libvlc: Merge autoscale as zoom state ?

Laurent Aimar fenrir at babylon.via.ecp.fr
Sun Mar 28 21:35:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 09:05:32PM +0200, Francois Cartegnie wrote:
> I noticed some inconsistency in zoom menu entries.
> * autoscale mode overrides any zoom value. You can have a fullscreen
> autoscaled window and a quarter zoom size menu entry. It won't result in an
> expanded quarter size video.
> * The opposite, freely resizing/scaling video by resizing video also leads to
> an inconsistent menu state. You can have a 2px square video size, and a
> checked double zoom menu entry.
>
> As I don't think it makes sense resampling a quarter size ou double size video
> to window's size, I think the zoom & autoscale states needs to be merged.
> Autoscale being the "free scale" zoom value.
>
> [ Quarter, Half, Original, Double, Autoscale/Freescale ]
 I don't think that zoom (at least at start) were to be understood that way.
For me, the zoom entry is just to have "resize video to X" when you click on
it (or using a hotkey), and that's it, no other side effects. If understood
that way, the only incorrect thing is that the zoom entry should not stay
selected (or should be unselected as soon as the video is resized).

Regards,

--
fenrir