[vlc-devel] Qt & libvlc: Merge autoscale as zoom state ?

Laurent Aimar fenrir at babylon.via.ecp.fr
Sun Mar 28 22:08:06 CEST 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 09:46:05PM +0200, Francois Cartegnie wrote:
> Le dimanche 28 mars 2010, vous avez écrit :
> >
> >  I don't think that zoom (at least at start) were to be understood that
> >  way. For me, the zoom entry is just to have "resize video to X" when you
> >  click on it (or using a hotkey), and that's it, no other side effects. If
> >  understood that way, the only incorrect thing is that the zoom entry
> >  should not stay selected (or should be unselected as soon as the video is
> >  resized).
>
> As you confirm those states are exclusive and we end up with 5 states:
> * Scaled 1/4
> * Scaled 1/2
> * Scaled 1/1
> * Scaled 2/1
> * Scaled to window's size.
> Window always sizes to video's size, except in fullscreen mode.
>
> Having two terms (Scale & Zoom) for a similar effect. It's even more confusing
> for user.

 In 1.1, I see:
 - an autoscale boolean to tell if the video content is resize to the window.
 - a zoom menu with multiple entries which when clicked will resize the
 video content (If autoscale, when clicking on zoom, the window will adapt
 to the video content, otherwise it won't).
and that's all.
 For me, the bug, is that the entries in the zoom menu should not be radio
buttons.

Regards

--
fenrir