[vlc-devel] Qt & libvlc: Merge autoscale as zoom state ?

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Sun Mar 28 21:46:05 CEST 2010

Le dimanche 28 mars 2010, vous avez écrit :

>  I don't think that zoom (at least at start) were to be understood that
>  way. For me, the zoom entry is just to have "resize video to X" when you
>  click on it (or using a hotkey), and that's it, no other side effects. If
>  understood that way, the only incorrect thing is that the zoom entry
>  should not stay selected (or should be unselected as soon as the video is
>  resized).

As you confirm those states are exclusive and we end up with 5 states:
* Scaled 1/4
* Scaled 1/2
* Scaled 1/1
* Scaled 2/1
* Scaled to window's size.
Window always sizes to video's size, except in fullscreen mode.

Having two terms (Scale & Zoom) for a similar effect. It's even more confusing
for user.

Francois