[vlc-devel] comunication between modules

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 2 19:34:38 CEST 2010

	Hello,

Le mercredi 28 avril 2010 21:26:42 Edoardo Radica, vous avez écrit :
> For the application medium I created a new demux module ("decryption").
(...)
> I've not figured out how to send this data to monitor module.
>
> I need this data in the DecoderDecodeVideo function in decoder.c.

Why are you deciphering in the decoder? IMHO, decryption should be performed
in the (live555) demux directly.

> Can anybody give me any advice?

Module instances can communicate via VLC object variables and callbacks on a
common parent object (the live555 object, or the E/S output).
But this is not a recommended practice.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis