[vlc-devel] Building latest VLC on Mac OSX 10.5

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 14 12:51:49 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010 19:05:57 +0900, Katsuhisa ABE <katsuhisa.abe at nifty.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If it is ok to include /src/video_output/vout_internal.h from
>> modules/gui/macosx/vout.m, then it's an easy fix.
> I just tried to include src/video_output/vout_internal.h from vout.m,
> but the result is not ok.
> Since, vout_internal.h has the following statement, it could not be
> read from LibVLC.
>
> ../../../src/video_output/vout_internal.h:27:3: error: #error This
> header file can only be included from LibVLC.
>
> Sorry about my lack knownledge, but I think it is necessary to look
> for the definition of struct vout_thread_t carefully.

No. Laurent purposefully made it impossible.

the vout_thread_t object is now internal, so it makes no sense for a plugin
to "implement" it. As such any plugin that tries to use that structure is
anyway not going to work, even if it did compile. The VLC core will never
use it.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis