[vlc-devel] SoC 2010: DLNA UPnP Server/Client Modules

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Mon May 24 20:13:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Austin Burrow <atburrow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m Austin Burrow and I am a student at Oklahoma Christian University
> majoring in Computer Science.  I will be working on implementing UPnP
> server/client modules based on the DLNA specification.  My page at
> http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2010/DLNA_UPnP_Server_Client_Modules will be
> updated regularly to include what I’m currently working on, my future plans,
> ideas, etc.

Being author of libdlna, I know a lot about UPnP/DLNA protocol.
Based on your page, I'd however suggest you discard libupnp (piece of
crap) and consider gupnp instead.
But it's up to you to see :-)

Anyhow, good thing someone's working on this.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama