[vlc-devel] SoC 2010: DLNA UPnP Server/Client Modules

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue May 25 09:05:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 08:13:32PM +0200, Benjamin Zores wrote :
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Austin Burrow <atburrow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > majoring in Computer Science.  I will be working on implementing UPnP
> > server/client modules based on the DLNA specification.  My page at
>
> Being author of libdlna, I know a lot about UPnP/DLNA protocol.
> Based on your page, I'd however suggest you discard libupnp (piece of
> crap) and consider gupnp instead.
> But it's up to you to see :-)

Ben, it is really cool to have you around then :D
I believe our client upnp module just needs to be fixed/extended. (It
might not be so, so Austin might need a complete rewrite...)

Therefore, I believe the biggest part would be the server part...

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/