[vlc-devel] SoC 2010: DLNA UPnP Server/Client Modules

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue May 25 22:59:25 CEST 2010

Le mardi 25 mai 2010 23:32:37 David Glaude, vous avez écrit :
> I think that is the one I assisted to. It was presented by someone from
> Nokia working in Finland.
> I don't remember anything but he spended a bit of time explaining upnp/dlna
> but also the available stack he found and why he did build on GUPnP rather
> than anything else. It might be related to the language, licence, memory
> footprint, glib availability or specific to maemo or...

I saw a similar presentation at Maemo Summit. But with unaccounted and wrong
statements like "libupnp is bad because it spawns threads behind your back",
and "threads are evil", I have to say, I could not take the talk very
seriously.

Threads are only evil to incompetent programmers (who can't use them
properly).

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis