[vlc-devel] SoC 2010: ASF and other demuxer/muxer improvements

Juho Vähä-Herttua juhovh at iki.fi
Mon May 31 19:42:57 CEST 2010

Hello,

Sorry for writing this introduction a bit late, I've written some other emails on this list though. I am a student of Aalto University School of Science and Technology (formerly known as Helsinki University of Technology) from Finland and finishing my 7th year graduating soon.

I've worked with the ASF format and some other demuxers before and my main project now is to review and improve the ASF demuxer and muxer of VLC. Since I don't have so specific plan, if anyone on this list has anything remotely related that would need to be improved, I'd be very happy to know. Other than that I'll probably go through the bug tracker and see around. Since I'm mostly using Mac OS X, I'll be probably testing some Mac related things as well.

I'm "juhovh" on IRC and hang out there pretty much always when I'm on computer, so contacting through IRC is probably most convenient. I'm happy to get to know all of you guys, hope we can get this to work.

Project page can be found from:
http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2010_ASF_Demuxer

Git repository is in github:
http://github.com/juhovh/vlc