[vlc-devel] FSF position on GPLv2 & current App Store terms

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Nov 3 11:58:55 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 11:47:27AM +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Making mistakes is OK. But one should be fixing them instead of blaming
> others and persisting in denial. Unless you are a politician.

So far, only me and Brett have produced analysis and are trying to put
the debate forward.
I am trying to understand clearly the issue (and not only through a 3rd
party analysis, that has already shifted topics 2 times - distribution,
then DRM, then use), and I am the only one here spending time with
lawyers.

> But I don't understand why JB persists in blaming the FSF for all of this mess.
I blame the FSF for doing a misleading blog post, that blowed all this
situation out of proportion, and make me receive more than 200 mails
where I can only answer 'Ask Applidim. Ask Rémi'.

I am not blaming FSF for the situation, but for making everything harder
to deal with.

Don't try to make me say things I haven't.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/