[vlc-devel] Need help in integrating mp4 lib with VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 16 11:09:55 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:23:21 +0530, pcuser p <pcuser.mails at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I need a some help in integrating mp4 video optimized for TI-C64X to
> run in vlc media player by replacing vlc's own mp4 video
> library(xvid,etc.,).I am newbie to this sort of work..

You mean you want to decode MPEG 4 Part 2 / ASP with the DSP?
Then you would need to write a new codec plugin.

> I am using beagle board which runs ubuntu and VLC installed on top of it.
> my requirement is to  use the optimized C64X code for TI platform
> instead of running VLC's native mp4 lib

> Can someone helps me to get some docs or webpage which gives info about
> this.

There is no documentation other than the source code.
The closest example is probably the OpenMAX IL plugin in
modules/codec/omxil/

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis