[vlc-devel] Video recovery after ethernet cable reconnection

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Wed Oct 13 10:21:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:12 +0900, Aranganathan Sankaradoss wrote:

> When I was playing RTSP stream using VLC player, if I disconnect and
> reconnect the ethernet cable after 1 minute then video is not
> recovered. And the VLC player just exits.

Well, in this case, client AND server can stop the stream.
In vlc (client), if no data is received in 10 seconds, it disconnects.
Server side (not vlc), if nothing is sent from the client, the server
may close the stream (and there's nothing the client can do). Usually,
sending RTCP RR or RTSP commands keeps the RTSP connection alive.