[vlc-devel] ANLoc Localisation Project

Jojoo Imbeah jojoo.imbeah at kasahorow.com
Thu Oct 14 12:19:20 CEST 2010

+bcc: ANLoc Tech Team

Hi there,
It is me again. I did not introduce myself properly in my last email. I
apologize. Please allow me to do this now.

I work with the software localisation support team of the African Network
for Localisation (ANLoc) <http://www.africanlocalisation.net>. ANLoc is
funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
<http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-1-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html>and administered/coordinated
by Translate.org.za.

As part of our work, we are assisting language teams to translate/localise
VLC music player. VLC was chosen because it is popular free software and in
comparison with other free software, has a quick turnaround time to
localise.

I wish to reiterate that we will be happy if you could send us translation
template files in *.pot format so that we hand these files over to our
translating teams, who will be happy to translate away. Kindly send us VLC
template files for the following languages:

ach - Acholi
aka - Akan
amh - Amharic
bam - Bambara