[vlc-devel] Blu-ray support...

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Oct 19 08:10:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 03:43:48PM -0700, Tony Anecito wrote :
> I read that vlc now support basic blu-ray. I tried reading a blu-ray disk after
> I installed the latest nightly build of 1.5.x for Windows and it could not find
> the file to run the video although it did find the my DVD/Blu-Ray player.
>
> Perhaps Blu-ray support is only on 1.2?

Well, well well...

You can play decrypted BDMV folders in 1.1.5, using the bd module
(totally tested on Windows, btw).

In 1.2.0-git, you have, (not on Windows) a bluray module that is using
libbluray and that can leverage libaacs (if that is lawful in your
$country). This module needs to be ported to access_demux, instead of
access, btw.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf