[vlc-devel] rtcp and udp port collision

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Oct 22 15:45:33 CEST 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:29:20 +0200, Sébastien Escudier
<sebastien-devel at celeos.eu> wrote:
> And to avoid this, we could bind only even ports number for SRC.

That is only a partial but rather effective solution. Feel free to fight on
netdev so that this feature gets added to Linux; and forget about other
operating systems.

> Moreover, as noticed by David, this seems to be a common practice.

You can't really do that. If we force an even port from the configuration,
VLC will fail to make more than one stream at a time. This is much much
worse.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis