[vlc-devel] rtcp and udp port collision

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 23 09:43:46 CEST 2010

OK, I looked at the LIVE555 client code once
again, and I think I found a bug.  The code will
always choose a RTP (even-numbered) port (DEST)
correctly - i.e., ensure that the same port
number is not already in use elsewhere.  However
- with the current code - that guarantee is not
necessarily true for the RTCP (odd-numbered) port
(i.e., DEST+1).

Is this consistent with what Sébastien is seeing??

In any case (whether or not this bug is the cause
of Sébastien's problem), I'll shortly release a
new version that fixes it.
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.